Did you know ASTM, ISO, and other standards exist that may specify exactly how your product should be tested? We recently looked at a spinal cervical screw project and found very specific fatigue testing requirements. Does your product meet all the required standards? We pride ourselves in doing very thorough testing for our clients.
Expert witness work – if you have a case for us to review that involves parts and/or product that has fractured and failed, then make sure the fractured parts are preserved by wrapping them in aluminum foil and then place them in a bag and/or container to protect them. If the parts are biohazard parts, then please contact us for more information. We do expert work in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Florida, Texas, California, Minnesota, Virginia, New York, and other states in the US.
ATech Designs, Inc., a medical product device design and development engineering company has received 5 awards for one of its medical products that it has developed. This product, the SmartSite valve eliminates the use of needles in intravenous (IV) sets, vial adapters, heparin locks, catheters, and other IV extension sets. The SmartSite valve has won awards for its application of engineering materials & principals and for making a significant contribution to society and the economy of the state of North Carolina and the United States. The valve also made the cover of LIFE Magazine for helping to save the life of premature babies.
- First award was received from Canon Communications, LLC (publisher of Medical Device and Diagnostic Industry Magazine) for innovative use of engineering principals and significant contributions to health, safety, and welfare of society
- Second award was received from Governor Hunt of North Carolina and the Professional Engineers of North Carolina for creative application of engineering principals and for making a significant impact to society and the economy of North Carolina
- Third award was received from the National Society of Professional Engineers for innovative use of engineering principals and materials, improved function and savings in use and benefits to the national economy. In 1999, the award for the Large Company Category was given to the Boeing 777
- Fourth award was a Prototype Design Award received from Accelerated Technologies for good demonstration of the power and benefits of optically clear rapid prototypes, the uniqueness of concept or application, visual impact, and originality
- Fifth award was received from Canon Communications, LLC (publisher of Medical Device and Diagnostic Industry Magazine) for innovative use of engineering principals and significant contributions to health, safety, and welfare of society. This award was given to the SmartSite Plus Valve, which is a needle-free valve that creates positive displacement or bolus upon removal of a male luer fitting to help prevent blood clots in catheters
For more information about ATech Designs, Inc and owner, Karl Leinsing please visit http://www.atechdesigns.com
- FDA Revamps Medical Device Approval (informationweek.com)
We will use this space to post relevant information regarding the Medical Device Industry, addressing engineering consulting, medical product design, medical product development, and new product testing amongst other topics.